Meal Application - Online
Hello FNSBSD Families, Friends, Staff and Community!
The 2015-16 Online Application link will be available after July 20, 2015.
School Nutrition Programs need more options for processing Free and Reduced Applications, allowing convenience and PRIVACY for parents and guardians. We thank you for your patience as we upgrade and improve the online process to better serve you.
The FNSBSD Nutrition Services is proud to introduce our new state-of-the-art web based application!
Just imagine . . .
- More expedient application processing turnaround time
- Results in less out-of-pocket meal costs for families waiting for application processing
- You no longer have to print, reprint, or distribute applications
- Lost or misplaced applications are a thing of the past
- No more couriering applications from schools or other site locations to nutrition services
- Online entry can help with potential language barriers (available in English and Spanish)
- School staff, nutrition services staff, central office staff - all save time and resources
- Increase in program participation
- Green technology
- Reduced operational costs all around
- Safe, secure and confidential
- Apply online anytime using an internet-enabled computer
Each new school year brings 1,000 of applications for the free and reduced meal program. Historically, these applications were processed, one-by-one by nutrition services administrative staff. Each application is reviewed for accuracy and completeness. Many of the submitted applications require individual telephone calls by our staff to the applicant as a result of missing, incorrect or incomplete information causing a delay in determining benefits for a child. Our goal is to provide those benefits to our qualified students as soon as possible!
Information required for the online application is the same as the paper application. Gather the following to apply online:
- Listing of all household members
- Total household size
- Income for all household members (determine the frequency of payment)
- Student Name(s)
- Student Birthdate(s) (helpful but not required)
- Student FNSBSD identification number (helpful but not required)
- Student Official Enrolled School (helpful but not required)
- Student ID (helpful but not required)
We encourage you to submit your application online for many benefits! Questions regarding the process can be directed to (907) 451-1004 or email email@example.com. Please feel free to provide us feedback on the online process so we may better serve your needs.
Helena Schreder, Assistant Director